Summer Power Saving Measures
Following the power supply shortage due to the aftermath of the 3.11 earthquake, the government has put in place a set of power saving measures for industrial and commercial-scale customers as mentioned hereafter.
- Date:Weekdays between July 1 and September 22
- Time:9:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
- Power restriction:The hourly power consumption has been set to be 15 % lower than its peak of the last summer.
In response to this unprecedented power crisis, the University of Tokyo has decided to engage in further efforts beyond the existing actions on reducing greenhouse gas emission by implementing the following measure:
- Target 1:Peak power should be 30 % below what it was used in July 2010.
- Target 2:Power usage for 2011 to be 25 % below what was used in 2010.
IPMU is implementing the following power saving measures in order to achieve these targets as set out by the University of Tokyo by:
- (A)setting room temperatures at 28 degrees C
- (B)turning off one light out of three where this is possible
As we monitor the amount of power usage at IPMU it may be that refrigerators, kettles, lifts, and computer servers could also be switched off as needed.
We kindly ask for your continued assistance in the reduction of our use of electricity.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.