Where to eat
On Kashiwa Campus
There are two cafeterias and one Sushi Restaurant, also a shop where you can buy lunch box and fast foods on site. You can eat lunch and dinner for 300-600 yen.
The one called literally “CAFETERIA”, they DO NOT accept cash, but require a special prepaid card which you can buy at a vending machine inside the dining hall. The vending machine is located just inside the cafeteria entrance.
【Buying a cafeteria card or deposit money】
- Insert money into the slot.
- Select the value button (from 1,000 yen to 10,000yen).
- Receive your card and change.
It’s a self‐service style cafeteria.
- Choose your menu from the samples.
- Go to the counter where the food is served.
- Please take a tray, take dishes you want and Insert your card into the card reader on the counter and pay.
- After the meal, please return the tray to the washing conveyer.
- There are a few separate counters depends on what you are going to order.
Plaza IKOI Food Court
The other is called Plaza Ikoi, which means "Relaxation". It is like a food court. They offer "Gram Deli", a buffet-style deli and you pay 1.2 yen per gram.
- Take a tray.
- Choose how to pay, cash or suica (or pasmo)
- Have what you want to eat on a plate (plastic plates are for takeout).
- Make a payment at the Cashier by cash or Suica/PASMO.
Other food service counters
- Decide what you will have
- Take a tray.
- Order at one of the counters and pay by cash or Suica/PASMO
Common steps after you pay
- Get chopsticks and silvers. Vinegar, soy sauce and other seasonings are placed.
- It costs 100yen for Drink Bar with meal order.
- Carry to a common dining area.
- After eating, take your tray to the Tray Return.
Osakana Club “Hama” (Sushi Restaurant)
Hama is a Japanese sushi restaurant located on the 1st floor of the Atmosphere and Ocean Research Institute. It serves good fresh sushi dishes at reasonable prices (500yen lunch). It also provides takeout and delivery services on campus.
Co-op Food Shop & Café
Food Shop sells onigiri (rice balls), lunch boxes, sandwiches, salads, snacks, beverages, etc. They also have university souvenirs and stationery goods.
Stationery, daily commodities, computer supplies, books and stamps.
Family Mart: The nearest convenience store from the east side of campus.
LAWSON: The nearest convenience store from the west side of campus.
Sanuki Udon “ICHI”: Japanese noodle (Udon)
Terashima Seinikuten: Japanese cutlet (Tonkatsu)
Kashiwanoha Campus station comes with a shopping mall called Lalaport. It has a good grocery store (Tokyu), many restaurants, a food court, a book store, a movie theater complex, a gym and many other shops.
Umenohana (in the LaLaPort Kashiwanoha): Tofu dishes (available for vegetarian)
For more restaurants and shops, please refer this site:
Kashiwa Campus Area Map (Kashiwa International Office)
- Support Kavli IPMU
- Place and People
- Research Activities
- News and Information
- For Visitors
- For Employees
- Job Opportunities
- Useful Links