Mar 25, a workshop -Searching for the lost study-Art × Science × Philosophy
March 24, 2017
Kavli Institute for the Physics and Mathematics of the Universe (Kavli IPMU)
An experimental workshop will be held at Tamarokuto Science Center. Specialists from Physics, Mathematical Philosophy, Congnitive Science, Aesthetics, and Contemporary Art will give talks about how, why, and what they study, as well as touching on the challenges they face. They will also talk about the differences and similarities between Science and Art, both of which were re-born in the Modern period. Discussion with all members including attendees will follow. This program will be held in Japanese.
> see the report of this event here
Date & Venue
Date & Time: Saturday, March 25, 2017,10:00-16:30
Venue: Tamarokuto Science Center
Masashi Oizumi, ARAYA
Nozomu Ogawa, Art Center Ongoing
Syunsuke Kuwahara, Department of Aesthetics, the University of Tokyo
Yoshihiro Maruyama, The Hakubi Project, Kyoto University.
Masahito Yamazaki, Kavli IPMU
Organized by Aya Tsuboi, Kavli IPMU
10:10-12:25 Science Session
- Talk1: The Underpinnings of Science
- Talk2: The Practice of Science -Traditional Science
- Talk3: The Practice of Science -Young Science
- Discussion: How we Understand the "World"
12:25-13:25 Lunch Break
13:25-15:05 Art Session
- Talk1: The Underpinnings of Art
- Talk2: The Practice of Art
- Discussion: Is Art Universal?
15:15-16:30 General Discussion
- Discussion: Wisdom in Art and Science